There are many things to consider when you make the decision to purchase a gaming pc. The good news is, you’ve already knocked out one decision- the decision to build or buy. The bad news, there are still a lot of decisions left to make!
When considering your purchase you will need to consider memory, graphics and display potential, storage capacity, power supply (both in competence and in efficiency), the audio system, how many USB ports are available, and so much more.
It helps if you know what you need before you go comparison shopping. For instance, how many USB ports will you need? Would you prefer if the gaming keyboard and mouse were included? How important is it to you that the PC can be upgraded? How many monitors do you intend to use?
A lot of this will depend on what type of games you play, or intend to play, as each game has it’s own specific set of requirements. The rest of your decision will be based mostly on your budget. Is it possible to buy a gaming PC on a relatively low budget? Depending on what you are looking for, it can be. In this article we will compare a few of the most budget friendly gaming PCs available.
CyberpowerPC Gamer Ultra GUA880
The specifications are:
- 3.80 GHZ Quad Core Processor
- AMD 760G Chip Set
- 8 GB DDR3
- 1 TB HDD (Hard Drive)
- Runs Windows 10 Pro
- Graphics: NVIDIA GeForce GT720
- 1 GB Vidcard
- 24xDVD RW dual Layer Drive (DVD Burner)
- Six USB 2.0 Ports
The drawbacks to these specifications are:
- The 8GB Hard Drive is considered to be small in the world of gaming PCs, especially when it is taken into account that it cannot be upgraded. While it is fine for running one application, it cannot support many applications operatng at the same time.
- This PC cannot support more than one monitor, which will affect some gamers, while others generally only run one monitor.
- The relatively small Vidcard has some trouble with many modern games.
On the upside, this PC does have a lot to offer. In exchange for the drawbacks, you will note:
- An included, high quality gaming keyboard and mouse system.
- 1 year parts and labor warranty, and lifetime tech support.
- Windows 10 Pro, which is currently the newest operating system on the market.
- The DVD burner is a very useful addition that is not found in all PCs.
Lenovo Idea Centre H500 Desktop (57327454)
Below you will find a list of the specifications of this particular PC:
- Intel Pentium Processor J2900 2.42 GHz
- 4 GB DDR3 1600 Ram
- 1 TB 7200 rpm Hard Drive
- Windows 8.1
- 8GB Maximum Memory
- 5 USB Ports Total (4 USB 2.0 and 1 USB 3.0)
- 1333 MHz Memory Speed
- Integrated Intel hd Graphics
- DVD RW
- 64 Bit Quad Core Processor
- 7 in 1 card reader
- Wireless LAN Enabled
The main drawbacks that gamers will notice in this particular Gaming PC are:
- No keyboard or mouse are included, meaning that although you receive this at a decent price, you will have to spend more money on the accessories.
- No additional hard drive can be added to the PC itself, and the hard drive provided is relatively small in comparison to other gaming PCs.
The main advantages to this particular model are:
- One year warranty is provided.
- It is wireless compatible, something that, believe it or not, not all available gaming PCs offer.
- The graphics on this PC are very good when compared to other similarly priced PCs.
HP Pavilion 500-281 Desktop
The HP Pavilion 500-281 has the following specifications:
- Intel i3-4130 Processor 3.4GHz
- 4 GB SDRAM DDR3 1600
- 1024 GB (7200 rpm Hard Drive)
- Windows 7 Operating System
- * Two Video Ports (IVGA and IDVI)
- HD Graphics Intel 4400
- Wireless LAN Compatible
- A total of 10 USB Ports (Four USB 2.0 and Six USB 3.0)
- Supermulti DVD Burner Optical Drive
The only major drawback that deserves a mention here is that the keyboard and mouse are, once again, not included. This isn’t a major issue for most gamers out there, but it is worth mentioning so that it can be worked into your budget for your new gaming PC.
The advantages to this Gaming PC that are worth mentioning:
- One year limited warranty, and one year full tech support are included.
- The device runs high enough that it can run several applications at any given time without lagging or freezing.
- It’s expandability is what draws many gamers to this particular model, it grows with you as you play.